I-Work client a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, serving clients in more than 120 countries. Companies Services workforce is a dedicated team of specialists who work on outsourcing projects for clients from different countries. These are long-term partnerships with clients for whom we manage and provide specialized business operations, such as finance and accounting, IT, applications development and maintenance, and HR.
We are looking for talented people to join the Regional Data Services team, for the position of
Data Services Engineer
The Data services engineer is a member of regional EMEA Regional Data Services (server) team, which is responsible for all server related issues (operations, 2nd and 3rd level support).
The engineer will be working in a group of server experts locally and within other EMEA countries to cover the required server functionalities in the region.
- Troubleshoot complex issues on the below mentioned operating systems.
- Installation of related patches and updates to server infrastructures.
- Perform server related regular operational tasks on the infrastructure across the team’s managed locations.
- Create related documentation of the existing and planned environment.
- Maintain existing documentation of the server infrastructures.
- Participate on preparation and evaluation of technical design for new projects and its possible improvements.
- Communicate and cooperating with other IT teams, like customer support, network team, security team, architecture team for to reach common goals.
- Active participation in the capacity planning for the server infrastructure, suggest where required server upgrades and other mitigating steps.
- Review and propose recommendations for to promote effective utilization of the server resources and thus limiting possible server issues.
- Fluent English language.
- Experience in Windows and Linux server operating systems in Datacenter level implementations (2016/2019).
- Expert level in Active directory, DNS services, DHCP services.
- Understanding of Datacenter level virtualized solutions based on VMware and Hyper-V.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge Linux (Red Hat/Ubuntu server) deployment and administration will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in Backup and Web filtering technologies will be an advantage.
- Certifications and working knowledge of Cloud-based technologies is an advantage – Microsoft/Google/AWS
- Understanding of Networking fundamentals – IP Addressing & Network topologies.
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems logically and autonomously (e.g. troubleshooting, root cause analysis, remediations).
- Notions of ITIL-based processes or certification (v3 Foundation level or up) will be an advantage.
- Ability to deal with stress of competing priorities and diverging interests within the same immediate time frame.
- Ability to work in international and cross-cultural team and environment.
- Communicative, with good time management and prioritization skills.
The level of salary is in the range of 2259-2550 EUR Gross.